✿ Pre - Birthday thoughts/wishes/expectations! ✿

3:09 PM

I was in the middle of some slow "sunday home cleaning", and I was kind of bombarded by tons of questions and thoughts, related to the fact that tomorrow is my 22nd birthday. That's why I decided to sit down and relax, eat some good breakfast and hydrate myself with some lemon water and, especially, stop listening to songs I used to be obsessed with when I was 17!



I felt like I just passed a complete year (2015) as a ghost, not really living every moment as "hey, damn life it's awesome", but more as "mmh, no thank you, maybe next time!".
I always had this feeling this past year, but I decided to somehow reject it from my brain.. and it's like now, all of a sudden, all the emotions started hitting me as if they weren't my own emotions but just enemies on a boxe ring. I have to admit, the fact that I listened to old songs I used to like, helped a lot in this process haha
When I was a teenager (not that long ago) I used to say often "YES" to what people used to ask me. And of course I mean positive things, I know you may think of drugs or stuff like that, but I've never even been into the idea of that and it has never been interesting to me. I used to hang out a lot, go to many concerts, to some even alone (imagine a mini-alba in the middle of sweaty 2 meters metalheads) because my friends didn't like the genre/band/couldn't come! I unfortunately had to repeat a year of school because of this, and because instead of studying something that a teacher orders me to study, I would more likely play guitar the whole afternoon (call it laziness, wannabe revolutionary kid or however you like).

I know life changes, I know we all grow up (no, I don't), BUT, there's a but, I can be how I want to be and waiting/letting things go when they appear in my hands, it's not a good way of living. 
The positive things of last year - it's looking like a new year's resolution but whatever haha - I took more confidence, I got to know my body more than ever and I learned things that help me everyday in a way that I can actually feel directly. 


Anyways, the point is, now that I realized all that.. What will I do?
I want to give importance to each and every moment, live more outside the house-walls and stay home just when I really feel in need of a recharging-organizing-meditation moment. I already started in the last 6 months, but I want to keep money by side and surround myself with things that make me happy and positive, or hopefully in travels (this year I already flew 3 times, so it looks like a great start to me!). I want to go to concerts, and support smaller bands. Experiences are what I need, to go a bit out of the blocked moment I was in.

Mh, also, I wanted to share my last youtube video HERE
Already watched it? If not, go check that out and give me a like, if you like!


Just wanted to share some reflections of my thoughts and totally new positive vibes :)
Hope your Sunday is going well.. mine certainly is! And tomorrow I have a pamper day that waits for me 8)


With Love,


Polly









You Might Also Like

5 commenti

  1. Polly you're not alone, 2015 wasn't a good year for me too, but now things seem to get better, or we hope so! haha
    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this makes me smile (not that it wasn't a good year for you too haha but at least that I'm not alone in this)! It will definitely be a much better year! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope this year gets better for you :)
    And happy birthday :D I wish you a lot of laughs, happiness, travels, good food, good music, good books and great friends :)

    aluminah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rory :D
      I'm already feeling that this is a good one, wish the same to you too <3

      Delete